Saturday, 28 May 2011

Orange NSW - Plans for 1000's of house blocks given the nod

Orange City - Plans for 1000's of house blocks given the nod
Plans for 1000's of house blocks given the nod - again (video)
20/05/2011 | 07:12 PM 

Orange City Councillors have defied recommendations from staff, approving plans that will allow 7-thousand homes to be built in the city's south. It's the second time in a week they've said yes. Today, the local MP questioned the idea, following a firey council meeting, that could have blocked the proposal. Helen Frost was there.

Orange's Mayor has unveiled a plan to sidestep the Coalition Government's opposition to a new suburb on DPI land in South Orange. John Davis wants thousands of new homes built closer to the city. But he's at odds with some fellow councillors, and council staff.
watch VIDEO HERE click

This Story keeps hottting up
source :

Phone call muddies south Orange plan

21 May, 2011 04:00 AM
AN Orange councillor has claimed he was asked to change his vote on the rezoning of land at south Orange, or risk a motion asking for the Ploughmans Creek wetlands to be zoned for residential development.At a meeting of Orange City Council on Thursday night, Cr Neil Jones claimed he had received a call from a councillor and was asked to withdraw his support for a rescission motion on the development of 655 hectares of land at south Orange.
Cr Jones did not name the councillor, but said he was told to change his vote on the development to avoid a rescission motion on the zoning of the Ploughmans Creek wetlands for public recreation.
A majority of councillors voted to secure the wetlands from residential development at a meeting on Monday.
“Today I got a phone call from a councillor who said to me, ‘We want you to withdraw your support for the rescission motion and we’ll withdraw the rescission motion [on the wetlands]’,” he said.
“I interpreted that as being asked to change my vote so the wetland could be saved ... the Ploughmans Creek wetland has become a pawn in the political game over south Orange.”
Cr Jones also said the phone call made him question “the ethics of this chamber”.
A rescission motion on the wetlands was moved by Orange mayor John Davis and councillors Chris Gryllis and Sam Romano.
Cr Jones said the phone call was not made by Cr Davis.
There is no suggestion it was made by either Cr Gryllis or Cr Romano.
While the motion was ultimately defeated, preserving the wetlands for public recreation, Cr Jones’ allegations caused tempers to flare.
Deputy mayor Jeff Whitton called for an apology from Cr Jones and refused to vote on the wetlands.
“He’s [Cr Jones] making some accusations that there is collusion in this matter,” Cr Whitton said.
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size

where else

1,000 New Homes Set For Yarraville

1,000 New Homes Set For Yarraville
Victoria Minister for Planning Matthew Guy
Rezoning Boosts Residential And Commercial Land Supply In Melbourne’s West
Victor P Taffa
Planning Minister Matthew Guy has approved the development of approximately 1,000 new homes and associated retail and community infrastructure in Yarraville’s Bradmill Precinct, eight kilometres from Melbourne’s CBD.
“This site offers a huge new opportunity for inner city urban renewal.” Mr. Guy said.
The Baillieu Government has responded to Maribyrnong Council’s request to implement key rezoning to facilitate the redevelopment of 26 hectares of redundant industrial land to help meet demands for housing.
“The Baillieu Government is actively bringing developable land to market to accommodate more housing in inner-city areas close to major transport hubs.” Mr. Guy said.
“The Bradmill Precinct development will bring 1,000 new dwellings to the site and continues the Government’s commitment to addressing housing affordability.”
“The site will form a new Neighbourhood Activity Centre that will include a supermarket, speciality shops, a library and a medical centre.” Mr. Guy said.
Planning for the site is supported by a Development Plan Overlay which responds to site layout, built form and construction methods. An Environmental Audit Overlay will ensure an appropriate environmental response is provided given the site’s previous industrial use.
Mr. Guy said the approval of this inner city site for urban renewal complemented the Baillieu Government’s moves to advance new housing supply in Melbourne’s growth areas.
“The Baillieu Government is delivering on its target to release 50,000 lots this year and has established a new dedicated Housing Affordability Unit to provide advice on the policies and legislation to assist in making housing more accessible to more Victorians.” Mr. Guy said.
“The Brumby Government allowed Melbourne to become the most unaffordable city in Australia, but the Baillieu Government is committed to addressing this unsustainable situation.”
“The Bradmill precinct development and the release of more land on Melbourne’s outskirts are examples of how the Baillieu Government is meeting the challenges of Melbourne’s housing needs.” Mr. Guy said.

HUNDREDS of extra flats will be built at high rise Housing Commission estates under a State Government plan to boost public housing. 

About 250 low-rise units will be built at the Carlton estate, 207 in Richmond, 188 in Prahran, 150 in Fitzroy and 144 at the Westmeadows estate formerly called The Mews.
The Government plans to provide an extra 6500 public dwellings statewide over the next four years, with about 1600 to be ready by the middle of next year.
More than $500 million will be spent on expanding public housing in 2011-12.
Housing Minister Wendy Lovell said the Government would also provide new work and learning centres for public housing residents and the homeless.
They would connect people with support services to prepare for work.
Ms Lovell said that about 1000 new homes would be added at the public housing estates over the next few years.

Tuesday, 24 May 2011

The terms for acquiring NZ commercial property have never been more favourable.

The terms for acquiring NZ commercial property have never been more favourable.
Contact: Bruce Whillans M +64 (21) 985 619 / DDI +64 (9) 304 1453 / /

The terms for acquiring NZ commercial property have never been more favourable.
The timing to invest in New Zealand commercial property has never been better. All three sectors, office, retail and industrial moved back into positive growth following a 3 year downturn.
This coupled with the Australian dollar sitting at a 10 year high to New Zealand puts Australian investors in a strong position to take advantage of firming yields and a potential exchange rate play.

Underpinned by strong population growth, an improving economy and commodity prices at an all time high the outlook for investment in New Zealand is excellent.

New Zealand government policy further encourages overseas investors with a high OIA investment threshold, no stamp duty, land or capital gains tax .

Below is an indicative selection of investment properties that we currently have on our books along with the profiles on one of New Zealand's leading investment bankers Reesby & Co and property lawyers Glaister Ennor who would be pleased to address any questions on funding or legal issues you may have. With 35% stronger purchasing power please dont hesitate to call me to see how we can make your dollar go further.

Yours Sincerely

Bruce Whillans 
Managing Director
M: +64 (21) 985 619
D: +64 (9) 304 1453

4 key reasons why Auckland represents better value for money...

New Zealand has entered a unique phase in its commercial property cycle with all signals suggesting we have hit the bottom of a three year easing period.

For the past 12 months the Auckland industrial, office, and retail markets have shown little movement in yields, vacancies or rental levels, with underlying economic trends pointing to a return to growth.

While the Australian Dollar remains at decade highs, currently 35 cents stronger than the Kiwi and the spread between 90 day bank bill rates in both countries widens to 220 basis points, the cost of acquiring commercial property in New Zealand has never been more favourable.

Auckland is a standout performer against the wider NZ market, with population growth rates on par with Australia's capital cities, a key driver to growth in any property market.

In addition to having a weaker currency and lower interest rates, our property cycle remains 9-12 months behind that of Australia allowing buyers to enter the market while prices remain at their lowest.

Prime funding available from Reesby & Company

Reesby & Company are the largest commercial property finance brokers in New Zealand.

The majority of their transactions are in the $5 million to $25 million range, however the company has also financed a number of New Zealand's largest property projects.

Reesby & Company has unique banking and finance contacts both in New Zealand and overseas.

They also have their own private lending vehicle for first and second mortgages.

The lending market changes on a monthly basis. Reesby & Company has an intimate understanding of the market place as they are negotiating with the major New Zealand lenders on a daily basis.

They therefore understand which lender provides the most competitive terms and conditions at any time and exactly how far they can push each lender.

For commercial property investment finance they are usually able to achieve 60 - 65% geared interest only facilities and up to 75% based on principal repayments being made.

Martyn Reesby - Principal
DDI: +64 (9) 302 7400
James Kellow - Lending
DDI: +64 (9) 921 4416    
Indicative Fixed Rates:

Thursday, 19 May 2011

Development without approval ?


Did you know there are 50 different home improvements you can build without approval?

Did you know there are 50 different home improvements you can build without approval?
This type of development must be done in accordance with the development standards. These are listed under each of the links. If you cannot satisfy all of these standards it is no longer exempt development and you may need to apply for development consent through your local council.

In addition to the development standards there are also a list of General Exclusions which may apply to your property.  Please look over these exclusions and discuss them with your local council prior to carrying out any works.

Balconies, decks, patios, pergolas, terraces and verandahs
You don’t need permission from council for balconies, decks, patios, terraces or verandahs (whether free standing or attached to the ground floor level of a building, or roofed or unroofed) if:
  • It is for domestic purposes only
  • Each one is no larger than 25sqm
  • All similar structures on the property do not;
  • for a lot larger than 300sqm – exceed 15% of the ground floor area of the house on the lot
  • for a lot 300sqm or less – exceed 25sqm
  • If it has an enclosing wall – the wall less than 1.4m tall
  • It has a floor which is no more than 1m above the ground level
  • If it is to have a roof;
  • if the roof is attached to the house – the height of the roof must not extend above the roof gutter line of the house
  • if the roof it not attached to the house – the height of the structure should be no more than 3m above the ground
  • It is behind the building line of any road frontage
  • It is at least 900mm from any boundary
  • If the property is in a heritage conservation area or draft heritage conservation area - be located behind the building line of any road frontage.
  • If there are any metal parts of the structure they must be low reflective, factory pre-coloured materials
  • If the structure is to be attached to the fascia of a building it must be connected in accordance with a professional engineers’ specification
  • The disposal of any roof water must dispose in to an existing stormwater drainage system
  • It must not interfere with the functioning of existing drainage fixtures or flow paths
  • If your property is in bushfire prone land and the structure is going to be located less than 5m from your house or a neighbors house it must be of non-combustible materials
You do need permission for balconies, decks, patios, terraces or verandas (whether free standing or attached to the ground floor level of a building, or roofed or unroofed) if:
  • You do not meet all of the above requirement
  • Your property is a listed heritage item or draft heritage item
  • Your property is located in a foreshore area
Further information:
  • Your local council can be contacted for further advice
  • You can find out whether your property is a listed heritage item, draft heritage item or located within a heritage conservation area or draft heritage conservation area by contacting your local council
  • You can find out whether your property is located on bushfire prone land by contacting your local council
  • Please note that there is a separate entry for shade structures

Internal Renovations
External Renovations
Minor Development Around the Home
  • Automatic teller machines
  • Air-conditioning units - non-residential
  • Bollards
  • Change of use of premises
  • Demolition
  • Emergency work and temporary repairs
  • Evaporative cooling units (roof mounted)
  • Home business, home industry and home occupations
  • Home based child care
  • Replacement of identification signage
  • Scaffolding, hoarding and temporary construction property fences
  • Subdivision
  • Temporary builders’ structures

    If your land fits within any of the following areas you can not carry out Exempt Development. You will need to contact your local council for further advice.

    General Exclusions – Exempt Development Code
    -           State Environmental Planning Policy (Kosciuszko National Park – Alpine Resorts) 2007
    -           State Environmental Planning Policy (Western Sydney Parklands) 2009
    -           land within 18km of the land owned by the Australian National University at Siding Spring

    -           land within a wilderness area identified under the Wilderness Act 1987

    -           must not be carried out on land that comprises, or on which there is, an item that is listed on the State Heritage Register under the Heritage Act 1977 or that is subject to an interim heritage order under the Heritage Act 1977
    -           development that is designated development

    -           land that is an environmentally sensitive area
    -           the coastal waters of the State
    -           a coastal lake
    -           land to which State Environmental Planning Policy No 14 – Coastal Wetlands or State Environmental Planning Policy No 26 – Littoral Rainforests applies and land within 100m, land reserved as an aquatic reserve under the Fisheries Management Act 1994 or as a marine park under the Marine Parks Act 1997 and land within 100m
    -           land within a wetland of international significance declared under the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands or within a World heritage area declared under the World Heritage Convention and land within 100m
    -           land identified in this or any other environmental planning instrument as being of high Aboriginal cultural significance or high biodiversity significance, land reserved under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 or land to which Part 11 of that Act applies
    -           land reserved or dedicated under the Crown Lands Act 1989 for the preservation of flora, fauna, geological formations or for other environmental protection purposes, land identified as being critical habitat under the Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995  or Part 7A of the Fisheries Management Act 1994
    -           land that comprises, or on which there is, an item that is listed on the State Heritage Register under the Heritage Act 1977 or that is subject to an interim heritage order under the Heritage Act 1977
    -           land listed in Schedule 4 of the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008

Sunday, 15 May 2011

First home saver accounts DID you know about this?

First home saver accounts - This won't be available for much longer so recheck in future at ato. Guide to first home saver accounts

First home saver accounts offer a tax-effective way of saving for your first home through a combination of government contributions and low taxes.

They're a special purpose account that is more like a term deposit than a normal, everyday account because you have to keep the money there for a minimum period of time. Once that time has passed and you make the decision to buy or build your first home, you have to withdraw all the money at once and close the account. You need to use the money you save as a deposit or to meet other costs you incur in buying or building your first home.
There are several good reasons to open a first home saver account. The more money you save, the more the government will contribute - up to a certain limit each year, and there's also a tax incentive to save money for your home because earnings are taxed at 15%.

To open one of these accounts, you need to meet eligibility conditions. You must:
    •    be aged at least 18 and under 65 years
    •    have a tax file number you can quote in your application
    •    not have previously owned a home in Australia that has been your main residence
    •    not have previously had a first home saver account.

Opening an account
Not all first home saver accounts are the same. Choose the account provider you want to have your account with and read their product disclosure statement to find out more. Banks, building societies, credit unions, life-insurance companies, friendly societies and trustees of public-offer super funds can all offer first home saver accounts.
Building your account
Once you've opened an account, you need to make personal contributions of at least $1,000 for each of four financial years before you can withdraw your money. Other people (such as your parents or other family members) can also help you out by contributing to your account.

The government will make a contribution equal to 17% of your personal contributions for the financial year, up to a maximum of $935 for the 2010-11 year.
Closing your account
To withdraw your funds, you need to have contributed at least $1,000 per year in at least four financial years and you can't just withdraw some of your money - you must withdraw the full amount and close the account.

If you change your mind about buying a home, you cannot simply close your account, withdraw your funds and spend the money. You have to transfer the balance of your account to your superannuation (unless you are aged 60 or over in which case the balance can be transferred directly to you) and you can't ever open another first home saver account.

First home saver account - home
With first home saver accounts, the more money you save, the more the government will contribute (up to a certain limit each year). The specific benefits of a first home saver account include:

    •    The government will make a contribution equal to 17% of your personal contributions for the financial year - up to a maximum of $935 for the 2010-11 year. So if you contribute $5,500 or more to your account during the 2010-11 year, the government will contribute $935 to your account.

    •    The maximum annual government contribution will be indexed over time.

    •    Earnings on your first home saver account are taxed at 15%, but this is paid by the account provider.
    •    You don't have to report any income you earn from your account on your tax return.

    •    Withdrawing your money is tax-free.

    •    You can contribute as little or as much as you like every year, up to a maximum account balance cap over the life of the account. The account balance cap includes any earnings over the years, and contributions the government has made.

The cap is $80,000 for the 2010-11 financial year and will be indexed periodically in $5,000 increments.

You will also be able to earn interest or earnings on your savings - both your personal and government contributions - from your financial institution. Read their product disclosure statement for relevant information.
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) have developed a first home saver account calculator to help you work out how to reach your saving goals and compare accounts. They also have a checklist which can help you decide if a first home saver account is the right way for you to save for your first home.

To access the ASIC tools, visit their website - FIDO - at

First home saver account - home

To be eligible to open a First Home Savers Account you must not have previously owned a home in Australia that has been your main residence.
The government will make a tax-free contribution equal to 17% on the first $5,500 you deposit each financial year (this contribution cap is indexed over time). This amount is received once a year, after you have lodged your income tax return.
Tax on any interest earned in this account is capped at 15% and the financial institution will automatically deduct this from your account and pay to the ATO on your behalf (no need to declare this in your income tax return).
Family and friends can also contribute to this account, you can even set up after-tax salary sacrifice into the account. However, the account is capped at $80,000 for the 2011 financial year (indexed over time).
For more information on first home saver accounts please contact us or refer to the ATO website.

Saturday, 14 May 2011


First Home Loan Grant Update what is happening budget 2011 effects 1st July 2011.

Different states of Australia have new strategy for offers of First Home Loan grants.



Victorian Budget 2011-12
The Victorian Government has announced a number of state taxation measures as part of its 2011-12 Budget. These include its election commitments made in 2010.
First home buyers

The Victorian Government will extend the First Home Bonus and Regional Bonus until 30 June 2012.
The $13,000 First Home Bonus is available for the purchase by first home buyers of newly constructed homes in metropolitan Melbourne.

Combined with the First Home Bonus, the $6500 Regional Bonus is also available for the purchase of newly constructed homes in Regional Victoria.

This is in addition to the First Home Owner Grant of $7000.

A cap applies to the Bonus, Regional Bonus and Grant. (further information is available here).

The availability of the Bonus and the Regional Bonus has been extended from contracts entered into on or before 30 June 2011 to contracts entered into on or before 30 June 2012.

Land Transfer Duty
For eligible first home buyers
Land Transfer Duty rates will be reduced for eligible first homebuyers purchasing principal places of residence valued up to $600,000.
Land Transfer Duty will be cut by 20 per cent on 1 July 2011, followed by additional 10 per cent cuts on 1 January 2013, 1 January 2014 and 1 September 2014, totalling a cumulative 50 per cent reduction by 2014-15.
Extended duty relief for eligible seniors
The current threshold for duty relief for pensioners and concession card holders will be extended from $440,000 to $750,000 from 1 July 2011.

Additionally, the concession will be made available to self funded retirees who hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
Eligible pensioners and concession card holders will continue to receive a full duty exemption for residential properties valued up to $330,000 which are purchased as their principal place of residence.
Concession for farmers under 35 years of age
From 1 July 2011, young farmers aged under 35 buying their first farmland property will receive a duty exemption on farmland purchases valued up to $300,000. In addition, a concession applies for farmland properties between $300,000 and $400,000.

Reform of Land Rich Duty
The Government has announced it will reform Victoria's land rich duty provisions by adopting a landholder duty model that will ensure transactions that give effect to changes in ownership or control of entities holding land and other property are brought into the stamp duty base.
The landholder duty model will ensure greater consistency in the treatment of direct and indirect acquisitions of land and will considerably reduce complexity and provide greater certainty to taxpayers. This reform is consistent with most other states and territories and will commence on 1 July 2012.
More detailed information on all these measures will be announced in due course.

New South Wales

First home benefits
The New South Wales Government is committed to helping as many young people as possible to buy their first home. We are about getting more young families into their first home and helping them to get on with establishing their lives.
First home benefits of up to $24,990 are available being the $7,000 First Home Owner Grant and a duty exemption of up to $17,990 under the First Home Plus Scheme.
First Home Owner Grant changes
First Home Owner Grant cap
On 1 January 2011, the cap was increased to $835,000. The $835,000 cap applies to all applications where the commencement date of the eligible transaction is on or after 1 January 2011. Applicants who purchase or build a home which has a total value of more than $835,000 will not be eligible for the grant.
The previous cap of $750,000 still applies where the eligible transaction commencement date falls between 1 January 2010 and 31 December 2010 (inclusive). Prior to 1 January 2010 there was no cap applicable.
First home benefits received for top 20 NSW suburbs and towns
    •    First home benefits received for top 20 NSW suburbs and towns - last 12 months
    •    First home benefits received for top 20 NSW suburbs and towns - from inception to 31 March 2011

Western Australia - NO change - Going with another strategy .

The Minister for Housing Troy Buswell has ruled out a boost to the first home buyers grant under the State's new housing affordability strategy.
It comes as he releases the State Government's long-awaited strategy to reduce the public housing waiting list and get more West Australians into their own homes.
The plan aims to create at least 20,000 additional affordable homes in Western Australia by 2020.
To reach the target, the government will create partnerships with the not-for-profit and private sectors and increase the number of keystart and shared equity home loans.
The strategy also includes more affordable lots through the Department of Housing and subsidised private rental opportunities.
Mr Buswell says a boost to the $7,000 home buyers grant was considered but he says other initiatives will be more effective.
"We ruled it out because my view is that in the current climate the better way for the Government to support first home buyers and people who are having trouble getting the funding they need to get into a house is by focussing on the role key start plays," he said.

Friday, 6 May 2011

FROM JULY 2011 NO MORE EXIT FEES or now known as DEF

What is a DEF - its an exit fee for breaking your loan and getting refinance.
2 things this effects. NEW LAW effective JULY 1 2011.

1. You won't pay a fee on leaving your bank and it is suppose to make it more competitive.

NAB banks famous adds "We are breaking up with the other banks" WORKED well
shares in NAB are up and profits. SMART tactic, they knew the government was going to announce this and so they decided instead of competing on an open market where everyone could change bank after JULY 2011 for  no exit fee anyway.

2. You broker will have to charge a claw back fee . If you do refinance then the broker will loose their commission. They will charge a claw back fee.
You will have to consider this if you are flipping a property and the broker does not get his cut of the loan so maybe they charge you a fee...


The impact of the DEF ban on brokers will be "negligible", Advantedge has claimed.
and Australian Broker News. Though many small lenders have announced commission clawbacks as a result of the ban, Advantedge general manager of lending distribution Brett Halliwell has told Australian BrokerNews he does not believe brokers will suffer increased clawbacks as a result of the ban.

source :

Credit watchdog ASIC is likely to issue an update to its guidance on "unconscionable" exit fees, following the Government's 'victory' in passing the ban.

On Wednesday, Treasurer Wayne Swan hailed the banning of all exit fees from 1 July as a "victory for Australian families", despite widespread mortgage industry opposition due to competition concerns.
However, the development implies that ASIC's previous guidance on the issue (Regulatory Guide 220), is now outdated.

When contacted by Australian BrokerNews, ASIC has confirmed it is "contemplating an update" to its guidance, following the passing of the exit fee ban into law.

RG 220 was developed after a full round of industry consultation, which culminated in providing definitions of what constituted "unconscionable fees" and "unfair contract terms" .

As part of the guidance, ASIC had given the green light to DEFs, as long as they reflected loan costs.
Gadens Lawyers senior partner Jon Denovan labelled RG 220 at the time as "a well thought out statement of law". "It strikes a fair balance between the interests of consumers and industry.

We’ve all heard the story that the Telco that provides phones without an exit fee won’t be in business long. 

The same applies to lenders," Denovan said. "The good news is that RG 220 recognizes the role that brokers, mortgage managers, and aggregators play in borrowers obtaining a loan and allows those costs to be taken into account in determining whether an exit fee is fair. Go ASIC!"
Despite the ban on all exit fees, the 31 page RG 220 is still available on ASIC's website.

Thursday, 5 May 2011

EASY steps to get started on RESEARCH and BUY. Part 2

EASY steps to get started on RESEARCH and BUY.

I think that the hardest thing when starting to invest is where.
Here is a good tip.
Start where you live.
There several things you need to do .

5. BEFORE all this get your money ready to jump on a sale.

Stay Alert how do you do this.
Keep an eye on every new property that comes on the market, ring every agent and be put on their list.
If you really want the deals tell them you just want to go on their database.
EASY one call.



Put in a central address for your area , some where in the middle or on a prime street.

Emails will be sent to you to tell you what is happening with new DA's in the area.
You don't even have to look.
Also keep researching your council keep up to date with them.

go here

Find Your council and read all about there conditions and developments.

Here is an example

OK so read above Meetings: 1st & 3rd Wednesday 06:30 PM
Go to the meeting if public can , in most cases they can.

Hope this helps

5. Now Finance.

Get pre-approval.
Go see a broker.
and do your tax returns.
Be ready there is a deal of the century around the corner.
You must be ready.
Make sure that you supply all relevant recent tax returns and bank statements etc.
Don't go see one with out it. They need these to get you a loan , so don't waste time , yours and theirs.
Good Luck too.......Dream the deal ....but better Know with research if the dream could be your
profit reality.....

Monday, 2 May 2011

EASY steps to get started on RESEARCH and BUY.

I think that the hardest thing when starting to invest is where.
Here is a good tip.
Start where you live.
There several things you need to do .
5. BEFORE all this get your money ready to jump on a sale.

Ok so its pretty simple , you live in a suburb. So become an expert of property in that suburb.
You can have a list of available property or you can do an excel sheet with results etc.
I think the easiest way is to just GO LOOK at them all.
Sure time is sometimes hard to find, but you can just go to the website below and type in your suburb and go to as many as you can. You will also meet agents. Do talk to much to them, just tell them that you are a buyer looking for an investment, thanks , when are you buying when you see the right deal.
go here
2. COMPARE start to list what you saw and keep an eye on the price of that property.
If its was auction then go here and should show results or ring agent.
click the pdf on the page

How many bedrooms, and what difference did bedrooms and land size sell for.
Also comment to yourself on the style of property old or new style.

3. Research - Ring council find out minimum subdivide area for your suburb. Find out all the latest on
new and in progress developments in the area. Maybe a street is going one way. Maybe they are going to make a dead end of a street, that could increase value. What sub divisions are going ahead. Here is an example of Cessnock council, click link
ok so we get this

now the address
 click link.

Interesting , now click the fees button

Ok starting to get it now we are getting some research done and learning about the area
next google map it and see where it is and what is next to it and in the area.
OK now you see how easy it is ...
next find out what they sell for
on the house is good for this

ok so now you try it

tomorrow I will continue with 4 and 5.

Why buy this. Do you have a rental or a house without one. Just buy this and put it on the wall. All my houses have alarms and they are good ones with cameras.
But no one knows if you have one or not. They just see the light. So buy it for cheap today install it and if the robber comes he sees the light and thinks twice, it cost you under $30 bucks thats cool.