"if you are getting blog via email click above heading for missing pictures and video"
The Future Of Residential Housing - Zero Energy Housing
press play below it is a video
BELOW ARE PICTURES
Insulated Construction Australia
The concept of insulated panels has previously been used in commercial building projects only. Bondor has now developed an insulated panel InsulWall® specifically for residential applications. Together with the already popular roofing product SolarSpan®, InsulWall® is expected to revolutionise Australian housing design and construction.
Australia’s new 6-Star Energy Efficiency requirement for new homes will demand significant advancements in the choice of materials for Australian residential construction practices.
Insulated Construction Australia will demonstrate how uncomplicated the system can be to build an aesthetically pleasing home that meets and exceeds thermal performance requirements. Using technology that enables people to save on future energy bills by providing an affordable energy efficient family home of the future which requires significantly less construction time.
The house features include:
- 34% faster build time than traditional brick and stick construction.
- Reduced requirement for trades.
- Increased energy efficiency and ongoing savings.
- Flexibility to choose a variety of house styles and designs, from traditional to cutting edge.
- Insulation quality is maintained over the life of the building and the interlocking nature of the panels eliminates air leakage (ie. loss of heat/cooling).
- The panels combine framing, load bearing and insulation in one unit.
- Highly recyclable materials.
- The combination of roofing and walling panels will bring the house to an 8-star standard of energy efficiency.
The Queensland University of Technology (QUT) recently conducted research on behalf of Bondor to quantify how the use of structural insulated panels could contribute to thermal performance for residential housing in Australia. The research found that Bondor’s structural insulated panels provide a complete walling and roofing solution that can meet and exceed the current and future thermal efficiency requirements of the Building Code of Australia, for residential dwellings in a range of climate zones.
Furthermore, the QUT 2010 research, titled ‘Energy and Environmental Benefits of Structural Insulated Panels for Residential Construction in Australia”, found the specific benefits of using insulated panelling when compared with site-built framed housing (with either lightweight cladding or brick facia) include:
- The high level of ‘build ability’ reduces construction time as well as the mass of construction materials required.
- As a complete walling and roofing solution, InsulWall® compares very favourably with other construction methods, costing up to 50% less per square metre.
- The incorporation of the insulation within a structural panel that locks together ensures a consistent continuous insulation wrap around the entire building, virtually eliminating the potential for poor workmanship to negatively impact on the thermal performance of the building.
- The structural panels are highly resistant to compression, water vapour, vermin and rot.
The InsulWall® panels use a specially developed steel finish unique to this system to allow for easy painting and rendering. Supplied pre-primed for any Application.